Thursday, June 18, 2009

Action Research

Well, after much time spent on end-of-year activities, paperwork, and meetings, I came to the realization that I forgot to blog! So here we go...

In last week's class, we had to start thinking about research. I'm actually not too stressed about this. I think that this was part of the reason why I wanted to get into graduate school in the first place. I don't necessarily mind doing research, especially if I think that it can actually connect to what I'm doing in the class. SO here are my possible ideas for the time being:

1. Study on effectiveness of the ThinkLink Benchmark Assessment program on WKCE scores and regular class performance.
2. Effect on MyAccess software on student performance on Writing proficiencies.
3. Technology Vs. Non-Technology---Differences on research reports.
4. Digital Stories Vs. Traditional Reports--Differences on storytelling, narration.

I'm leaning a bit towards #1, as I think that it has the most connection to my class. I think that there's some interest on a personal level, and I think that there will be a professional interest from peers as well. Right now, I'm in the stages of meeting with my principal to find out what responsibilities that I have to take care of. After that, the fun part begins, which is completing all of the paperwork 2 months before everyone else! Oh well, can't win them all...

So, which one do you think is the one that stands out the best? I'd love to hear...

No comments:

The Difference Between 3 and 33