Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Solving Problems

This week's topic-Using the computer to solve problems.

I actually am trying to use this with the class.  I think that this is as good an idea as any to use in the class; below are some ideas that I'm thinking of using with my class as real "problems."

Possible topics for solving problems
  1. Options for dealing with budget cuts in the school system.
  2. How to handle money problems in the house.
  3. Being treated as a kid Vs. Being treated as an adult.
  4. School issues (i.e. Gum, Clubs, etc.)  
I'm sure that there are other ideas out there, but I've been painting rooms in my house for the last 3 days, so I'm out of ideas.  

As for organization, my district has been pushing for use of Inspiration, and I'm fine with that.  i actually like the program so far, and it does help organize ideas.  Again, that's the main idea that I have, but I think that there are more out there.

Well, gotta run, but as always, please post, so I don't look like a total bonehead with no responses....

2 comments:

Tech-lou-ology said...

Interesting - how are you implementing Inspiration? How did the kids respond to the problems posed?

BryanDaDamaja said...

I've used Inspiration as an organization tool for webbing notes in Science. One example is that I had them create a web of sorts to organize Reusable, Renewable, and Non-Renewable resources. They were able to convert it to an outline if I wanted them to write about it, but I mainly wanted them to web ideas and images to help them get a better sense of what each category is.

The Difference Between 3 and 33