Sunday, December 21, 2008

Technology in Review

Well, my class has completed its course (so to speak...) As I sit here, avoiding the impending shoveling that I have to do, I decided to reflect upon the last 6-8 weeks of class (tough choice, huh?)

Anyway, here's what I'm walking away with...

1. Technology is a tool, a tool that has numerous uses, so long as we use them.
2. Assess the path the students take to get to their end product, not just the end product.
3. I may have to adjust some of my styles in order to help the students reach their goals (i.e. Conversation can be good!)
4. All the tools in the world can't help if you don't know how to use them (i.e. TRAINING!!!)
5. There will be times where I'll be learning from the students.
6. Take the time to evaluate what you use before you use it.

I could go on and on, but that's just a start. I think the one thing that scares me is that some of what I'm learning NOW might be obsolete in 1 1/2 years when I graduate. That's how quick technology evolves, and we must always be ready for that next wave of learning. If not, it's not we that suffer, but our children. Deep, huh?

Have a great holiday season!

1 comment:

Ms. L said...

Wow, profound... I agree that it's somewhat scarey knowing how much technology will change over the next year, as it has for the past several decades. What we can take away from this is that if we continue to be open, learn and grow with the introduction of new technology, we'll be able to keep up with it and our students--I hope.

The Difference Between 3 and 33