Sunday, November 29, 2009

HTML (aka I'm glad they've made it easier to make a website since this...)

So, to be honest, it isn't quite so bad to use HTML to design pages. I'd call it a bit tedious, but that part actually doesn't faze me too much. I've always been fine with that; as a result, I actually picked up a lot of the code tricks rather quickly. I think that as I continue to experiment with it, it will become much more habitual. However, I can't believe that this used to be a way that websites used to be designed. Man, the amount of time it had to take to create a single page...

On a side, there are some pains. Adding color, for example. It's almost like you need to have a cheat sheet just to know what colors are available. Then again, it's probably recommended to have a cheat sheet for all of the HTML items that need to be compiled to compose a simple page. Again, I actually don't mind it too much. It's just SO particular. This is not for the impatient, I'll tell you that. You really have to run through your pages with a fine tooth comb if errors pop up. I was able to troubleshoot so far. Now, with the resume that I have to create, we'll see how well that one goes...

I'll keep you informed as it goes. I guess I'll wish MYSELF good luck this time...

No comments:

The Difference Between 3 and 33