Sunday, December 6, 2009

CSS (or CCS) or, um, err, wait, I'm not done with HTML yet!!!

So we're now on Week 2 of class, and this week, we learned how to add tables into a webpage. It took a while to get my mind wrapped around this one. Remember how I said that last week's class was a bit meticulous and complicated at first? I guess that I should not say that again. I just curse myself for that...

Anyway, I did gain a bit from class. For example, I've learned a roundabout way to design tables in different forms and methods---that's something that I think I can find ways to use in class. I still have to think about how to put them into a webpage---I'm still wrapped in creating tables for Math and Science purposes---I'm not sure how I would use it within my own page, for example.

Well, we're also learning other ways to make a webpage catchy and powerful. This is again, something that has obvious merit. I'd like to use some of this with my own website-I'll have to see how Google Sites handles the HTML on that...

Well, that's all that I have to say now. I'm sure that as I try to toy around with some of this during the week, I'll have more ideas for you. As always, any advice, I'm more than happy to hear it...

1 comment:

Kristine Diener said...

Tables can be incredibly useful regardless of your content. When I first started using spreadsheets, I used them primarily to create well formatted information in columns and rows. (And this from a math major...) You will find that tables give order and structure to your pages - so don't give up! Glad you're enjoying some of the new techniques for adding content and interactivity!

The Difference Between 3 and 33