Thursday, December 17, 2009

Yea, I Knew I Forgot Something...

And it was this week's blog!!!

Sorry about that.

Well, in this week's class, we read about e-portfolios. For me, that hit very close to home, as I am currently in the process of creating those for the kids that I have in English. Our district complained to our school about the way in which portfolios were done. This is my first year in Language Arts, and I wanted to make sure that I had all the bases covered for the portfolio.

The purpose was this: I wanted to be able to show the various projects that the kids were doing, instead of cramming the portfolio folder with rubrics. I'm currently 70% done---the big work is to take place over break, where I have to upload and attach a lot of the projects to the students' pages. However, this will save me a considerable amount of work down the road, especially in the sense that I won't have to tear up my room looking for lost work or projects. It's right here, and it can be accessed by future schools for reference.

The negative---I can only do 5 sites a week! Argh! Oh well, can't win them all...

No comments:

The Difference Between 3 and 33