Sunday, March 14, 2010

The Quickie Wiki Review

After exploring the blog last week, this week focused on the wiki. For the class, this was nothing new. We've been using wikis for a while; actually, since the first class.

So, then, what's the goal this time? Using them as a teacher, not as a student. I'm actually OK with this, as I had initially planned to do this last year; I just kept putting it off until it was the school year. I placed it on the backburner, telling myself that I'd do it next year.

Looking at some of the wikis this week, and talking about it in class, I'm going to try to motivate myself to start it up again. I'd like to start it up in either my Language Arts or Writing course; there are a lot of projects that I do, and it may allow for better pacing for the kids, as well as me. Sometimes I tend to fly by the seat of my pants. Creating a wiki for class usage may allow me to have the foresight to see ahead to other classes or dates. It sure would make my principal, happy, too, to see my planning (because if you looked at my planning book, you sure wouldn't believe that I prep!)

At the end of the day, it all comes down to the fact that I need to have an idea in my head of what I want. I think that's the issue. I'm not sure exactly how I want to set it up. The nice part about a wiki, though, is that I can change it if I don't like it.

Well, that sums up this week. If I actually get to making the page, I'll post it on my blog. Thanks for reading, and have a good one!

No comments:

The Difference Between 3 and 33