Saturday, March 6, 2010

Taking What We Learn, and, Actually, Ummmm, Using It!

Well, for this course, it feels like a bit of revisionist history. We're going over Web 2.0 tools, and it feels like a bit of a refresher course. There were some things we went over in class (wikis, blogs) that we've been using in our studies over the last year or so. However, it seems as if there have been innovations with these tools, or at least new uses for them since they were introduced. I'll go into that now.

It looks like the main focus is the blog. Now, obviously, I've been blogging for a while. Exploring some of the other blogs in class, though, I've been inspired to try out a new type of blog. I already have a website for the class; I think I'm going to develop a blog for my class as well.

Why now? Especially since there's been a website for over a year? Simply put, opportunity. This gives me more opportunity to connect with the families, and to update them on various projects that we're working on in the class. It also provides other avenues for the families and the students to post their questions as well. I think that providing as many possibilities to connect to the students and families as possible can only be a good thing. I feel bad starting it this late in the year, but I can use this as a building block for upcoming years. You gotta start sometime, right?

Well, keep your eyes posted to my blog. I'm sure that I'll update it with my attempts at a class blog, and I could use all the advice possible.

Until then....

1 comment:

misslippy77 said...

I think that a blog would be a great resource to use to communicate with families what is going on in class. I found a few sites like that when we did the search. There were even blogs of teachers that did each day explaining what they did in class that day. I thought that that was a bit much, but do what works for you!!

Lisa

The Difference Between 3 and 33