Saturday, May 1, 2010

I knew I forgot something...

MY BLOG POST!!!

That's what happens when spring weather hits, I guess....


No, in all honesty, I simply forgot, so, better late than never, I suppose.

This week, simply, what am I pulling from all of this.  For me, it's simple; a LOT!  Seeing as how I immerse myself into what we're doing, there's a lot that I'm going to take from this class.  The major ones are what I'll focus on today.

  1. Google Reader---I've become a bit obsessed with this, as I check for updates on all of my sites mainly through this now.  Most of the time, I'm checking through my iTouch, which reduces the amount of time I spend pecking around on my favorite websites.  Also, I found a few that have given me a GREAT DEAL of information, which also reduces the amount of time I spend looking for this stuff.  I tend to use this more than Twitter, where I often catch repeats of the stuff I have on Google Reader.  Overall, it saves me time.
  2. Screencasting---This is one of those tools and skills that I've wanted to do for years, and I just didn't know how.  Now I do.  I've already begun using Jing to record narrations for students, parents, and teachers.  This hopefully cuts down on the amount of time that I need to use to explain how to do the same process again and again.  That, and it's EASY to do!
  3. Podcasting---Again, something that I wanted to do for years, and now I can.  It's forced me to use Audacity, allowing me to create edits of items and clean them up.  My students are jacked up about podcasts, and want to record multiple shows.  That's something that I can deal with.  More importantly, I'M excited about podcasting---I, too, am trying to record my second episode of my podcast.
There's so much more out there, but those are the three new tools with technology that I plan on continuing my usage of.

If any of you would like to elaborate on this, I'm more than happy to hear from you.

Take care!

No comments:

The Difference Between 3 and 33