Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Online Publishing...Part 2!

Well, it's the middle of the week, and I've attempted to install the usage of Google Docs with my 6th grade classroom.  I do have to say, the writing part of it has gone very well, as I've been able to respond to my class quite frequently and continue with improving their papers.  The negative?  Oh wait, here it comes....the set-up is PAIN INDUCING!!!  Oh man, it's not easy setting up all of those accounts with the huge e-mail that our district uses (not a knock on my district, just a really LONG account to type...)  And yikes, the fun that I had with password set-up.  All in all, I'd recommend it, but please, don't think that you can take your class into the lab and instantly get it set up.  You'll drive yourself MAD!!!

1 comment:

Ms. L said...

I agree with the pain inducing part. I had to get a special papal dispensation (slight exaggeration) to get the powers that be to loosen up the firewall and let my students set up email accounts, if they didn't have them already (we don't have student accounts through school). I even had to have them unblock access to Google Docs. I think it will be worth the hassle in the long run though.

The Difference Between 3 and 33