Wednesday, November 12, 2008

The Wonders of Online Shopping

You know, for the most part, I've rarely had a problem with online shopping.  I've bought hundreds of things over the years, and even when the occasional item got stolen from my old apartment (who on Earth really wanted a DVD copy of Basket Case-not making that up...), I'd get a replacement free of charge.

Well, I finally have a negative.  I ordered a book for my class that I'm taking.  2 weeks ago.  With a seller that hasn't responded back to me in a week.  Gotta love it.  So, what on Earth does this have to do with technology?  Simple.  ONLINE BOOKS, word!  

Yep, I found what I needed online, so thank you, thank you, thank you, www.coursesmart.com!!!  (not a shill, and it definitely isn't free, but, man, what a life saver!

So, the lesson for the day:  Technology can be a great friend sometimes.  When I have Thanksgiving this year, I know what I'm thankful for....

1 comment:

Classy Blogger said...

AHHH! Online shopping. It is great to be able to shop from the comfort of home. Most things do get delivered in a timely fashion. I had to wait two and a half weeks for my book as well. You can truely find everything for sale online. But what about trying things on or returns? That could be a negative as well. Some stores you need to ship the item back. Not fun. Also, what about all of the junk emails that are attached from buying online? They are very annoying. It does have its pros and cons. What year will it be when there are hardly any stores left and we have to shop online? At least FedEx and UPS won't have to cut jobs.

The Difference Between 3 and 33