Friday, March 27, 2009

Wrapping It All Up

This week's class was mainly a focus on seeing different methods of intertwining technology into the existing curriculum. We were asked to come up with lessons that addressed the multimedia standards existing today, and to see which ones best fit into our current teaching situations. I always find these lessons interesting, for as I've said before, I'm in favor of anything that promotes enthusiasm and creativity in and out of the class. I presented 2 of my ideas with the motivation that I would actually use them in my class. I've been out for almost 6 weeks, and when I come back into the room, one of the projects that I want to do is a digital story. I think that there are a lot of fantastic stories out there waiting to be told, and this is a way to do that.

We also went into assessing these, and I feel that it's important to assess the whole journey, not just the end product. It's nice if the students create a fantastic piece of art, but it's key to assess them the entire way, not just at the end of the unit. This helps to see those who maybe had grand visions, but just couldn't get them off of the ground. In other cases, you can encourage someone to inspire to do better, to not play it safe, but rather to take chances.

Finally, we're working on our own final digital story. I am spending time this weekend organizing everything, and hopefully I can upload it onto this blog when it's all said and done.

Well, overall, I've been interested in this class (no, not sucking up...) There were some nice ideas, and I plan to use them, unless I really want to engage myself in another 50-plus reports on Power Point where everyone reads off of the slides. Pain inducing, to say the least...

No comments:

The Difference Between 3 and 33