Sunday, September 13, 2009

Statistics-The Sequel

Well, we're at the halfway point of the class, and it's getting much more technical. I think that the lucky part is that a lot of the vocab that we're going over is vocab that I have to teach in 2 weeks (except for standard deviation---I'm not even going to TRY to explain that to a group of 6th graders...)

This week, we started going into graphing and figuring out how to use formulas and stuff. For me, I don't mind it (again, not sucking up to the instructor who has to read this...), as I like statistics. Once I figure out the pattern, I can go with it. Now, I have to go back into it today, so we'll see what I remember, but it's like I tell the students in my class---math is like a puzzle. Once you know how the pieces fit, it's not too bad. I don't think my group mates want to hear that from me, though, he he he...

Well, it should be interesting to see how the standard deviations and z-scores affect my study. I actually understand the purpose of it. I'm not sure that I'll be able to say that a year from now, but for the time being, I get it.

Well, I'm out for now. Would love to talk more, but in keeping with Mathematics and Statistics, I have to go look at my Fantasy Football teams...

1 comment:

Jim said...

Bryan,
Since you keep team stats this material could possibly be of some help with that.
Jim

The Difference Between 3 and 33