Saturday, January 23, 2010

Technology and Leadership

This week's course began, and we jumped into a new topic---Technology and Leadership. The focus looks like it will be working on how to use our current skills and abilities as leaders to effectively incorporate technology into the school curriculum. I may be totally off, but that's the read I got in it.

For me, this class definitely has merit. I'm the Instructional Technology Leader for my school, and I'm also receiving opportunities to present throughout the district. With these opportunities come responsibilities. I want to serve well, but I want to be effective, as well. From what I see and interact with, I don't know how many teachers and colleagues are ready for take on leadership in this category, and I think that many feel uninformed in this area. Within my school, I feel like that questions and requests that I receive are more basic tasks, and I'm not sure how ready that my staff is for the higher level tasks possible. I see that throughout the district, to an extent, too. I want to be careful in these opportunities and positions as well---I want others to be comfortable contacting me.

As a result, I'll be taking in a lot of the class on a personal level. I don't feel as if I'm reaching as wide an audience as possible, and maybe tweaking my style a bit might change that. (Then again, I'm sure sarcasm doesn't help much, either, huh?)

Well, that's what I got for now. By all means, feel free to comment or continue the conversation...

1 comment:

CCMJ said...

Your are correct. We will be looking at leadership and the process of making change. I do hope you find this class of value and you are correct it is intended to keep you focused on the personal element.

The Difference Between 3 and 33